Army Installation Management Command Tractor Operator, NA-06 in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those within the local commuting area, all interested parties are encouraged to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Trails West Golf Course is recruiting flexible (Intermittent) status Tractor Operator to help with daily operations of the golf course. Trails West Golf Course (TWGC) features 18 holes on 190 acres of open meadows, tree-lined zoysia fairways and bent grass greens. The course is conveniently located in the center of Fort Leavenworth and is open to all players, military and civilian. Three sets of tee boxes allow for players of all skills to participate in an enjoyable round of golf.
Learn more about this agency
- Operates a field-type tractor with attached and towed equipment
- Transports materials and equipment
- Digs, loads, plants, clears, mows and dispenses liquid and solid materials
- Adjusts the equipment for job requirements such as setting the height of mower blades, depth of plow blades, and the rate of application of sprayer attachments
- Tree, Shrub, and Facility upkeep
- #### Job family (Series)
5705 Tractor Operating
- Operators, Tractor
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must be available to work intermittent hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical is required.
Resumes will be reviewed, and those meeting all of the following qualification criteria through paid work or unpaid volunteer experience will be referred to Hiring Officials: * Possess at least one year of work or volunteer experience operating and performing minor maintenance on a field-type tractor and associated equipment * Possess the ability frequently move arms and legs to operate tractor controls and manipulate equipment controls * Possess or can you obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license * Possess or can you obtain and maintain a Government Motor Vehicle Operator's permit
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Sponsor's PCS Orders to Fort Leavenworth with Marriage Certificate; DA Form 3434 for current/former NAF employees
- DD 1300
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12 pm (noon) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Fort Leavenworth NAF Human Resources Office
EX-NAF-W6B7AA US ARMY GARRISON FT LEAVENWORTH DO NOT MAIL Fort Leavenworth, KS US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499890500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/17/2018 to 05/30/2018
Salary: $12.91 to $15.07 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 6
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Permanent